Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Getting Closer

101026_0007-1a

I’ve been preoccupied. On the bright side, this is the first year I’ve been able to work it out so my girls are in coordinated Halloween costumes. The difficult part is that means this is the first year I have to try to make costumes (or portions of the costumes, as you can see in the picture that I purchased what I could make work).

I’m really a beginner when it comes to sewing, and this has been a whole different realm. I’ve been winging it on these costumes, sketching things out (and I really don’t draw), and hoping it will all work. I’m finally nearing the end. I don’t want anything to do with satin for a long time after this. There are just a few more details that I hope to have done in the next couple days. I hope it will turn out. There are already spots that look pretty wonky from my sewing. Oh well. As long as the kids have fun and the costumes hold out for one day, right?

I’ll take pictures once things are finished. What are you/your kids going to be for Halloween?

1 comment:

  1. Bruise is going to be "Dark Aver" (aka Darth Vader.)

    Bucket is a "pink Misty cat" (pink leopard-print cat.

    Michael will probably just wear his black Jedi robes again. (Not a bad thing. It's good that he's getting a lot of use out of it. ^_^)

    I'll be crossplaying Jayne Cobb from Firefly/Serenity. I'm rather excited. (The last cool costume I had was a couple years ago when I was Jem from the 80s cartoon. ^__^)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! I read them all. (If you ask a question, please leave your e-mail so I can contact you directly.)