Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

21 Weeks

110517_0005-1a web

I always enjoy seeing the faces of my favorite bloggers, but I rarely post pictures of myself. So I thought I’d share this just for fun. Here I am with my 21 week prego belly. A little make up probably would have helped, but I rarely wear make up. I thought I’d show you the real, everyday me.

I guess I haven’t officially announced here that this baby is a BOY. I have two girls. I feel comfortable with girls. A baby boy will be a whole new adventure. I’m really excited, but I’m also feeling really unprepared. I want to start sewing, sewing, sewing!

Is it just me, or are there very few options when it comes to masculine looking fabric? Every time I find a print that I like in the right color, I always find that they’ve added flowers or pink somewhere in the design. I know girls can pull off something with blue on it, but I don’t think that goes both ways. If I make something for my little man, I want it to be obvious that he is a little MAN. I searched around locally for any fabrics I might like on Saturday, and I was rather disappointed. I’m afraid I’m falling in love with way too many designer fabrics online that will cost us at least twice as much as what I usually buy.

Case in point, let me show you the fabric I’ve been pining over for a car seat canopy (“greeter deterrent”) even since before I learned it was a boy. I was actually hoping it would be a girl just so I wouldn’t have to try to talk myself out of this expensive fabric. It’s from the Beach Mod line by Monaluna:happy_summer_300medium_dot_mineral_300trees_meadow_300

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(images borrowed from THIS site)

The cheapest price I can find for this fabric line is $16.50 a yard. OUCH! And I can’t find it locally, so there will be additional shipping charges. Oh, why did I have to fall in love with an organic fabric line?! The other night, I told my husband I was crushing on some really expensive fabric, and I showed it to him. He agreed that it was really cute, and told me to go for it. But as soon as the words were out of his mouth, his whole body shuddered. Poor, sweet guy! I forget he has a hard time telling me no when I’m pregnant; he loves to spoil me. I guess I’ll put a pin in it until I can convince myself to find another love for a car seat cover or until I just give in and buy it. I wish it would go on sale!

I also love, love, LOVE the fabric line that won Project Selvage over on Spoonflower:

fabrics(image source)

It’s called Backyard Baby by Patty Sloniger. It will be released this fall through Michael Miller fabrics. It reminds me of the rhyme my grandpa used to always tell me, “snakes and snails and puppy dog tails, that’s what little boys are made of.” How adorable are those bugs in the jars? I guess I’ll have to come up with some projects to do once baby is already here that will justify me having to buy this fabric. Oh, maybe I’ll try to make my very first quilt!

So what fabrics are you crushing on? Are there any great boy fabrics you love? Do you spring for designer fabrics, or do you stick with what is affordable? You’re always welcome here. Follow along. Let’s chat!

2 comments:

  1. Jocelyn...you look great! And I love the fabric you put on here....so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that beach mod line too. I like the color scheme. Sew, girl, sew! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! I read them all. (If you ask a question, please leave your e-mail so I can contact you directly.)